Being arrested is no light matter. There may be serious consequences to face as a result of an arrest. Hiring a top defense attorney might help you avoid a conviction.
The impact from being convicted of a crime could be significant. It may affect your family, your work, social reputation and more. Fortunately, you may be able to reduce the impact of an arrest and potentially stand a better chance of avoiding conviction when you have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side.
Defending Against Charges in Nashville
There are countless crimes a person could be potentially charged with. Having a good Nashville criminal defense attorney that’s prepared to fight for you may make a difference in the outcome of your legal situation. Some of the crimes that are frequently addressed by defense lawyers include:
- Domestic Violence – This may be an assault involving adults or minors who are current or former spouses, adults or minors who are living together or have lived together, adults or minors who are dating or have dated (or have or had a sexual relationship), adults or minors related by blood or adoption, or more. To know more about domestic violence charges, please be sure to speak with an attorney.
- Drug Crimes – This may include simple possession, casual exchange, possession with intent, sale of a controlled substance, drug trafficking and conspiracy, and drug manufacturing. Possession with intent is known in may states as “intent to sell or distribute”. It’s important to get your legal advice for any drug-related crime from a competent, licensed attorney.
- Violent Crimes – These crimes may include homicide, manslaughter, kidnapping, aggravated assault and domestic violence, to name a few. If you’ve been arrested for injuring another or others, you may be facing serious consequences. Speak with a lawyer about your options.
- DUIs – Getting a DUI for drinking and driving or driving under the influence of drugs can have severe consequences. Unfortunately, fatal accidents occur on a daily basis due to drugs and alcohol. If you or a loved one has been arrested for a DUI in Nashville, be sure to consult an attorney. They may be able to help you during this difficult time.
- Theft – By entering another person’s property with the intent of stealing, or if you have actually stole something, this would be a theft or burglary case. Some forms of theft may classify as a misdemeanor, while others may be felonies. Speak with an experienced legal professional about your specific situation to come up with an appropriate plan of action.
- White Collar Crimes – Typically, when we talk about white-collar crimes, we’re referring to things like embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and bribery, to name a few. While some may think that these crimes sound like they have less severe consequences than those involving violence, it’s important to keep in mind that the penalties may be more severe than you think.
These are only a few of the many different types of crimes that a person may be arrested for. An attorney may also be able to help the victim of a crime with an order of protection. If you or a loved one is facing charges for any of the above crimes, or is a victim to assault, be sure to contact a competent lawyer about the situation.
Hiring a Top Nashville Criminal Defense Lawyer
When it comes to getting a good defense lawyer, there are many options available to you throughout the Nashville area. Don’t just take their word for it. You can look over their reviews to see what other people are saying about the attorney that you’re looking at.